COLLABORATION WITH OTHER INSTITUTIONS
- To formalize and strengthen the linkages with educational institutions, an MoU was singed between Gomal University, D.I. Khan and PARC at Islamabad for close coordination regarding joint efforts for development of agricultural research, manpower technical trainings, curricular activities and supervision of B. Sc (Hons), M. Sc (Hons), Ph. D students in their research work.
- Another MoU has also been signed between PARC and Swiss-IC Peshawar for collaboration between AZRC-PARC, DIK and the project on Water for Livelihood for development of Agriculture activities in Spate irrigated areas.
- Collaborating in projects with NGOs i.e. Strengthening Participatory Organization (SPO), Inter-cooperation (IC), Livelihood Program (LPH) for improvement of socio economic status of the farmers through transfer of improved production technology by using participatory technology development (PTD).
- Imparting trainings to the seed industry personnel, agricultural extension department staff and other stake-holders involved in the production of certified seed of different crops.
- Coordination with various research organizations i.e. International Centre for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA), International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre (CIMMYT), Nuclear Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA) and Agricultural Research System (ARS) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa regarding testing of segregating material under climatic change conditions of arid areas of Dera Ismail Khan.
- Advisory service for dissemination of production technology to the end users through Radio Station, Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (PBC).