In pursuance of the decision of PARC Board of Governors taken in its 37th meeting held on 7th August 2014 at PARC Headquarters and having been approved by the Chairman, PARC the “Agricultural Engineering Division” has been established to focus on research in the area of agricultural mechanization, post harvest processing, value addition, food engineering, and renewable energy technologies at PARC,in terms of Clause-4 (c) of PARC Ordinance, 1981 with immediate effect and till further orders:
ToRs of Agricultural Engineering Division are as under:
- Execution of research programmes and development projects in accordance with PARC Ordinance and other general or specific orders issued by the Federal Government from time to time.
- Coordinate the work of research management placed under its charge as stipulated in office orders issued on the organizational setup of PARC from time to time.
- Perform the function embodied in the charter of duties of various departments/programmes placed under the charge of division.
- Provide leadership for developing research projects/proposals in the area of agricultural engineering to all the stakeholders (universities, research institutions, and industry) in the country.
- Develop research projects in the area of agricultural mechanization, renewable energy technologies, post harvest processing and value addition, and food engineering for submitting to national and international agencies for funding.
- Evaluation and monitoring of research projects in the field of agricultural engineering and supervise the implementation of assigned projects and programmes, organize periodical reports on their progress, and arrange the expeditious utilization of research results.
- Coordinate with national and international institutions for promotion of research in the filed of agricultural engineering.
- Develop policy interventions, important agreements, and frame procedures on technical matters for implementation and execution of agricultural engineering programmes.
- Develop projects for establishing new research institutes, and programmes in the innovative areas of agricultural engineering such as; post harvest and food engineering, and renewable energy technologies etc.
- Undertake initiatives for capacity buildings of agricultural engineering professionals for cutting edge R&D in this area.
Following Institute/Station are functional under Agricultural Engineering Division
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- AZRI Technology Field Station, Shah Abdul Latif University, District Khairpur (Sindh)
- Directorate of Agricultural Mechanization
- Directorate of Post Harvest & Food Engineering
- Directorate of Renewable Energy Technologies
|Dr. Nadeem Amjad,DG. AED CS-II||
Telephone: 051-9245680, Cell:0300-5199566