The Horticulture Research Institute was established in 1994 comprising three Coordinated programs on Fruit, Vegetable and Potato crops so that all these related programs could work efficiently under one umbrella.
- Research for the prosperity of the farming community related to horticultural crops.
- Introduction and evaluation of vegetables and potato germplasm for selection of varieties suited to various agro-ecological zones of the country.
- Integrated crop/orchard management.
- Evaluating new technologies for adoption at farm level to increase the yield and quality for local & export purpose.
- Enhancing the farmer income for better livelihood.
|Dr. Hafeez Ur-Rahman, PSO / Director||
051-9255027/90733751 Cell: 0301-5462535