To cater the information needs of national agricultural research system (NARS) scientific community by locating, processing, storing and disseminating information related to agriculture research and development.
To support national agricultural research system (NARS) of Pakistan by keeping agricultural scientists, planners, policy makers faculty members, students and progressive farmers updated in their areas of research by providing/broadening access to latest agricultural information.
- To maintain National Agricultural Library at NARC containing latest reading material.
- To maintain and update PARC Website “http://www.parc.gov.pk”.
- To acquire, process, store and disseminate literature published in Pakistan on agricultural research and development by maintaining “Pakistan Agriculture Database”.
- To publish PARC research journal “Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Research” on quarterly basis.
- To work as FAO AGRIS National Liaison Office in Pakistan and regularly send input of Pakistani published agricultural research literature for their databases after processing.
- To develop Liaison with international, regional, national and provincial agricultural information centers/organizations.
- To promote library resource sharing through maintaining “Union Database of Journals in Agricultural Libraries of Pakistan”.
- To help NARS scientists, faculty members and students in review of literature and acquisition of articles/documents reprints
- To provide facilities for scientific and functional photographic coverage of labs, fields and important events.