Crop Diseases Research Institute (CDRI) is the premier Institute in Pakistan working on Crop Health Management through applied and basic research in phytopathology under the guidance of Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC). It existed in its nuclear form since 1955 and through several reorganizations, attained the structure and mandate of Crop Diseases Research Institute in 1983. Later on in 2001 in an institutional re-organization of PARC it merged into a newly developed Institute of Plant and Environmental Protection with the change of status from Institute to Program. The Institute is again elevated from program to Institute in 2017. It is the only one of its kind in the country. It is working with the infrastructure of main laboratories at National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC), Islamabad and a substation at Murree.
- To conduct problem oriented basic research in the area of Phytopathology
- To coordinate Phytopathological research in the country
- To help Plant Breeders in developing disease resistant varieties
- To diagnose plant diseases by using conventional and molecular techniques
- To develop linkages with national and international institutions
|Dr. Shahzad Asad, Director CDRI||
Ph. Office: 051-90733277 / Ext. 3277